|Association of Women for the Advancement of Research and Education||Today is|
|You are here: Home > Resources > Finding a Doctor > Questions|
Taking Charge of Your Health
Choosing a Doctor, Some Questions
|Premarin||Estring, estradiol vaginal ring|
|Prempro||Generic estradiol (tablets, sublinguals, skin cream or gel|
|PremPhase||Tri-Est or Bi-Est formulations|
|Estrace||Estradiol Patches, Climara,Vivelle, Estraderm, etc.|
|Estriol||Vaginal creams, (Estrace, Premarin,Ogen, estradiol, estriol|
|Estratab or Estratest||Combi Patch (estradiol and the progestin norethindrone)|
6. Which of the above list of estrogens do you consider "natural hormones"?
7. Do you prescribe natural progesterone
in any form for menopausal patients? (in micronized
oil capsules, suppositories, skin cream, sublingual
tablets, Crinone vaginal gel), or Prometrium.
If yes, please specify.
8. Have you ever prescribed testosterone
for menopausal patients?
If yes, please specify.
9. Do you periodically monitor the hormone levels of your patients on HRT through blood or saliva tests?
10. How would you treat a perimenopausal woman suffering from irregular periods and heavy bleeding problems?
11. Do you recommend that women over 40 should be screened, as a baseline for low bone density and the risk of osteoporosis?
12. Do you provide counseling on nutrition, exercise, stress control and other lifestyle issues? How recent is your training in diet and nutrition?
13. Do you ever recommend vitamin and mineral supplements, herbal remedies, and other kinds of nutritional supplements to your patients?
14. Do you do telephone consultations?
15. Will you be offended if I bring reading material for you to consider? Will you read it if I provide it to you before our visit?
16. Will you take the time to discuss various issues with me if I send you my questions/concerns?
In taking charge of your health, it's up to you to inform yourself and put that information to work for YOU. Some of these questions, or others unique to your situation, should help you choose the doctor with whom you would like to establish a partnership for health.
Copyright © 1997-2012 ProjectAWARE. All rights to content that appears on this site are held by the authors/contributors. Any reproduction or use of materials without written consent of the author/contributor is prohibited.
Questions or comments about this site? Contact the Website Editor, <firstname.lastname@example.org>